Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Is it Wednesday already?

Well alot to post about. Lets see here. Oh I went to my Son's conference yesterday cause ours takes an hour. Its to Evaluate his IEP, (Individual Education Plan) and on his use of the resource room. Mine son is getting A's, B's and C's. I am so proud of him. He's a hard worker and the only thing he doesn't do is participate in the classroom discussions. I did the same thing..lol. Well it looks like the goal now is to eliminate the resource room altogether. But here is the list of his strengths.

Brigance- Word recognition= 1st Grade ----> Now second Grade
Reading Vocabulary= 2nd Grade
Computation- 1st Grade
Word Problems- 2nd Grade
Oral Reading- Lower 1st Grade (I was the same way in school, so it wasnt a surprise.
SPelling- 2nd Grade
Sentence Writing- 3rd Grade

This was his results at the beginning of school, and then now.

But his spelling is up to 3rd Grade level and they said they are starting on 4th grade level because he is doing so well. Ok could of fooled me cause he don't do it at home. I am very proud of his hard work and has come a long way in his work. My pushing him and being there for him has helped. I dropped out of school to get him where he needs to be.

Well today is going to be busy for me. As I have a ton of laundry to do...yeah I fixed the washer...somewhat...I was told and asked about what I could do for a temporary fix. I bypassed the Safety Switch....popped the broken switch off. Tied the two wires together, taped them up and put it all back together again. Plugged it in and turned it on. VOILA' it works. Whooooooo hoooooo, clean clothes again. I am still going to order the part cause its a very nice and clean washer...oh wait, I bought it brand new...lol. I am going to the store to buy groceries this morning after he goes to school. Gonna find something that can cook in the crock pot again. LOL. Well, hope all is well with everyone..