Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Here's my trip!!!



It started out talking about going to St. Louis Zoo over a week ago. Didn't think we would actually go. So Friday Night we left here about 4pm, started our 4 hour journey to a unknown place to me. It was a nice quiet ride. Beautiful skies. There was a Thunderstorm in the sky and it was so beautiful cause it was just one big cloud. Any way my BF told me that we would see the Arch before we get into St. Louis. I didn't believe him...lol. Well we were gettin' pretty close and I didn't see it. So I kept looking and looking then all of a sudden, I saw it. I had tears come to my eyes. Never seeing something so HUGE was awesome. So we go past it cause our hotel was on the Southwest side of St.Louis. We drove for almost an hour to find it. We got off at the wrong intersection. So somehow we ended up downtown. WHOA....big mistake. There was a Cardinal Game going on and a Riverfront Concert underneath the Arch. I didn't know until Later that Busch Stadium is going to be demolished to make room for the future stadium. I took a pic of it on Sunday so you can see it later. We actually drove right past it. Drove past Union Station, which was neat. Well somehow we found our hotel got settled it, decided what the hell lets go to Walmart. I found it off the highway...he he he. Right down the road. WHOO WHOO. Go there, stop at Steak and Shake cause we were hungry. Oh forgot to tell you I bought tickets for Six Flags St.Louis at the hotel for only $26.00 so we were set for the next day. If you click on the link for Six Flags, you will see The Tornado on there. I RODE THAT. Let me tell you it scared the shit out of me. OMG. Made me think about somethings going down. We rode two roller coasters, The Boss and The Screamin' Eagle. Rode the Raging River Ride and decided to go to Hurricane Harbor and spend the rest of the afternoon. Played in the lazy river, the wave pool. I was tired and ready to go so we went home. Went and got something to eat at Smugala's Pizza which was adjacent to the hotel...see the link. Went back to the room decided to go swimming for a bit. Sit in the hot tub and relax which was short lived cause you know when kids come along they are loud and don't care. Went back to the room took a shower decided to go joy riding down Lindbergh Blvd to find SONIC or a Starbucks. Found no Starbucks, ok I can live with that. BUT found SONIC. OMG. It was awesome. I want more and more. Went back home and went to bed. We got up on Sunday and went to the St.Louis Zoo. Walked around for hours. Nothing like our Zoo here which you can walk around in about an hour and your done. Rode the train all the way around looking at everything. I took pics of penguins, elephants, polar bears, sea lions, and other animals. After we walked around for what seemed forever we were so tired. We still had one more place to go. The Arch. We had to figure out how to get there for one, so we followed the signs, paid to park and walked to the Arch. I had to touch it. It was magnificent. I wanted to go in cause I am a thrillseeker as my BF calls me. Went in and got the scare of a lifetime. There was a bunch of people waiting to walk in the doors, well all of a sudden the security guard comes up to us and tells us to stay where we are, and started turning people away. Telling them we had a issue being dealt with. There was a high elevation of something being detected amongst the group of people. We couldn't leave or anything. Found out it was a flaw with their detector so we go in and its amazing, its a museum underneath it. I wanted to go up so bad to see what it was like. SO my BF paid for my ticket and I went up. It was beautiful and I took pics. I took pics of the capital building and Busch Stadium. It was life changing for me. Took so many pics had to change my roll of film. So I only have one nuch for now, will have more later. Well, off to home we go. We took yet another detour home. We stopped off at our Capital Springfield, Illinois. Went to see Lincoln's Tomb. I took pics too. Drove by the Capital itself, then home we came. DRove by the Illinois State Fair, which was huge. I will put a link up of my pics here soon.